Saturday 29 November 2014

My Skin but Better!

Ever since I got pregnant, I became very lazy  got tired easily. I appreciate every last bit of my sleep and tend to hit the snooze button more often in the morning. More sleep only means that I have less time to get ready in the morning.

Pregnancy has also taken a toll on my skin condition. So, I badly needed something to give my skin a refreshing boost, doesn't feel cakey, gives enough coverage to cover minor imperfections but most importantly I needed something that can be applied with just my hands without having to use a sponge or stifling brush. I ain't got time for make up tools! Especially not in the morning. And I finally found the perfect solution for my problem.

The Laura Mercier Foundation Primer and Tinted Moisturizer! The combination of these two products really does all that.

After cleansing, I will use my favourite toner, skip moisturizer and apply the Foundation Primer all over my face. The primer has a very light, hydrating texture which gives the skin the jolt of refresher it needs in the morning. It doesn't leave your skin feeling matte and cakey, unlike the Benefit's Pore-fessional. The primer needs 1-2 minutes for it to be completely absorbed by your skin.

 
Once the primer is well absorbed, your skin will feel fresh and hydrated and this is your cue to apply the Tinted Moisturizer. The Nude tone blends perfectly well with my skin color. I normally squeeze a small dollop into my palm and blend the product using my fingers before applying to my entire face. A small dollop goes a long way with this Tinted Moisturizer. After that, just apply loose powder to set it and voila, you're good to go!

The products are absolutely perfect if you want to achieve the no-make up look. It's still your skin, but only better!

But, I have to admit that it does not provide enough coverage to cover dark spots and eye bags. So, if you're keen on hiding those then you also need a concealer for the extra coverage. It also comes with SPF20 so it gives you protection from damaging sun rays to a certain extent. The full size is 1.7 oz which will last you for about 3 months (depending on usage) and they also come in a handy 1.0 oz travel size which is absolutely perfect for touch-ups when you're on the go.

All in all, I am very happy with my purchase and I definitely see myself returning to the Laura Mercier booth at Bangsar Village to restock!

For more info about the product, please visit these links:

 
 
 
Till then!
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment