Monday 27 April 2015

From Hollywood to Mommyhood – Parenting Tips from Celebrity Moms

Great news, everyone! Heartiest congratulations to Liv who has just welcomed a beautiful baby early this month! Boy or girl? Well, you’ll just have to wait for Liv to tell you herself. My lips are sealed.*grins*

So what do you give someone who has just become a mom for the first time in her life? Tips on how to be a good parent of course! And wouldn’t it be fun if those words of support and encouragement came from mothers who are super famous? 

Mind you, these moms may have it easy with their personal entourage of nannies, chefs, assistants and what-nots, but when you think about it, it doesn’t matter how much money or the amount of hired help you have at your disposal. It all comes down to each mom just trying to do what's best for her kids. So this one’s for you Liv, and all the other new mommies out there – parenting advice from celebrity moms! Enjoy!

Reese Witherspoon
"No one feels 100 percent confident as a parent. We are all just trying our best. As long as you are always trying to be better at it - reading parenting blogs in the bath, swapping stories with other moms during a yoga class, googling how to talk about puberty with your preteen - you are doing a good job."

Jennifer Garner
“If you look at the pictures taken every day of my life, you’ll see that I do not make it work most of the time. I am in jeans that are on the floor from last night and one of the five T-shirts that I rotate. I do know moms who pull it together every day – I am not one of them. But when I do, I try to really pull it together so it makes some kind of impact. Sometimes, for yourself, you just need to take a shower, put on something clean, put on a little blush and go out the door.”


Julia Roberts
"I try to call my mother, Betty, with more regularity because I think, 'What if Hazel didn’t call me for two weeks?' I’m able to see her mothering now from a different vantage point.”

Heidi Klum
“Roll with the flow. Our house is full of life, laughter, and mayhem. Every dinnertime, something spills. Or they are wearing uniforms for school, and when we have breakfast in the morning, food gets all over their hands. You can tell them a thousand times, ‘Do not wipe it on your pants,’ and sure enough, they wipe it on their pants. But that’s when you roll with it. My house is not like a museum - you can't sit here and you can't touch this and everything has to be put in its place. You can see that children live there. It’s their house as much as mine. You come into our house and a giant elephant and lion are welcoming you. We have toys and things everywhere."

Nicole Richie
"My kids operate best when I let them have a voice and I really explain things to them. Because, really, kids want to be told the truth. They just want you to be truthful. They know you more than you know yourself."
Kate Winslet
“To me, parenting is about consistency, among other things, and routine. Children love routine. They like to know when they’re going to have lunch, and in what order things will happen during their day.”

Victoria Beckham
"I really enjoy being a mom, I love my children and I’d do anything for them. But I also love what I do. I think anyone who says it’s easy is lying."

Tina Fey
“I think every working mom probably feels the same thing: You go through big chunks of time where you’re just thinking, ‘This is impossible – oh, this is impossible.’
And then you just keep going and keep going, and you sort of do the impossible.”

Nicole Kidman
"My instinct is to protect my children from pain. But adversity is often the thing that gives us character and backbone. It's always been a struggle for me to back off and let my children go through difficult experiences."

Uma Thurman
"You know how parents rattle on to you about, 'Oh, you won't believe your life will never be the same,' and you think, Why can't these people just get over it? All they're doing is yakking about their kids. It's such a bore. And then you have kids and you just want to do the same thing."

Madonna
"Humor is essential for teaching children. Children have to understand that being a good person doesn't mean you can't have fun."


Elizabeth Banks
"Be open to any help. Many moms today feel they have to be super moms, while historically we’ve always had a village to pitch in. I think it’s really important to know when to ask for help."

Faith Hill
"Before, my career came first. All I had to think about was myself. Now my children prevail. It doesn't mean my career is less important; I just have to position things differently."

Christina Aguilera
"I'm definitely an understanding mom ... but discipline is a big thing for me too. I'm not raising no brat!"

Britney Spears
"Parenting is all about history. What we as mothers are doing is creating history with our kids that we can look back on." 

Cate Blanchett
"I don’t know what a normal childhood is. I think childhood is a deeply abnormal thing. I think all children have a fantasy life, and we live a kind of circus existence, but like all working parents you try and work that out by keeping things stable."

Angelina Jolie
"I would never be the kind of parent to force somebody to be something they are not – I think that is just bad parenting. Children should be allowed to express themselves in whatever way they wish without anybody judging them because it is an important part of their growth."


'Till next time, Happy Mommying!
Lotsa Luv

2 comments:

  1. We all need high level of parenting tips in order to take good care of our baby; most probably single parents and working mothers are getting less time for their babies. Therefore it is quite essential to learn some crucial tips on parenting and how to take care of our baby; I am sure we should learn some techniques from celebrity mothers that how they are able to maintain a good balance in between their work and family. Thanks for providing such a great article and I am sure that we should learn some tips to take care of our baby.
    Baby Care

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are a jogger, hunter, or just like to travel with your child by car, then the Jeep North Star Jogging Stroller is the best baby strollers for you. If you want to get more interesting details about best strollers for babies, you may visit here.

    ReplyDelete