Sunday 15 February 2015

Baking Chocolate Chip Cookies


Hi Guys!

As promised, today I'm gonna write about my first attempt at baking chocolate chip cookies. I am not a passionate baker but I do enjoy simple baking recipes from time to time. So, when my friends from uni suggested a meet up before I pop, I dread the idea of loafing around cafes or catching a movie (yes, now that I am heavy I very much prefer staying at home than going out) so I invited them to my place instead.

And what better way for four girl friends to bond and catch up other than baking cookies together! We had so much fun spending time together and the cookies turn out really delicious as well. I brought them to the office today and they were instant hits with my colleagues. Some even said that it's famous - amos like (I promise this was genuine compliments and I wasn't trying to flatter myself!)

If you feel like trying 'em out (Chinese New Year cookies, maybe?) , here's the recipe:

Ingredients: 1/2 cup castor sugar
1 cup  brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup cooking oil
1 whole egg
1 tbsp fresh milk
4 cups flour
A little bit of salt
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
2 cups semisweet chocolate chip (We used Hershey's)
1tsp vanilla essence

Steps:
  1. Preheat oven to 175C
  2. Beat sugar, butter, cooking oil, egg, milk, and vanilla essence until the mix is thorough and consistent
  3. Add in flour (part by part), salt, cream of tartar, baking soda, walnut and chocolate chip to the mixture
  4. Once it is thoroughly combined, spoon the mixture into baking tray according to the size you like and be sure to keep some distance between the cookies as they will expand a little in the oven
  5. Bake between 10-20 minutes, the cookies will be golden brown when they're done!


Be sure to space the cookies out as they will expand in the oven


Bake between 10-20 minutes - keep checking

Don't forget to cool them on wire rack before shifting them into your cookie jar!


There you go, easy peasy steps to making yummylicious cookies!



Till Then, Happy Baking!
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment