Thursday 12 February 2015

Liv & Luv at Lunch - Las Vacas

Hi Guys!

So this is the second episode of Liv & Luv at lunch. Actually we didn't plan for this lunch. I was on my way to work from Uni after my MBA Viva (Oral Presentation) and I thought I'd celebrate my freedom from MBA with a good meal. I wanted to go somewhere near the office with easy parking access so we decided to go to Las Vacas in Jalan Yap Kwan Seng. 

At 12 noon, we were amongst the first to arrive at the restaurant. The restaurant set-up is pretty cozy with open concept and natural light beaming through the floor-to-ceiling windows. You can opt to either dine inside or outside. We chose to eat inside (it can be a bit warm to eat outside in the afternoon) and Luv picked a table by the window. 



The Restaurant Set-up

It was a hot, hot KL afternoon


Food Menu


Dessert and Beverage Menu


My Favourite Drink of all time - Bickford's Old Style Creamy Soda  (RM8.60)
(Note: I know it is best for expectant mothers to avoid drinking soda, but I believe anything in moderation is okay and to my defense I only drank half of the bottle.. Teehee!)



Luv's Skipper Peach Juice (RM9)


I was in the mood for seafood that day so I opted for the Pan-fried salmon fillet with cream dressing and spinach ricotta. When the food arrived, my first impression was, “Wow, this looks really good!” but unfortunately the salmon wasn’t fried to my liking. I like my salmon crispy and well-seasoned but unfortunately it was neither. I had trouble finishing the salmon; combined with the cream dressing and spinach ricotta, the whole combo tasted kinda “bland” to me. I knew it was a mistake to order fish at a meat shop!



Pan-Fried Salmon with Cream Dressing and Spinach Ricotta (RM40)



Luv ordered the Beef Burger. She finished every bit of her 250gm Beef Burger ‘cos  she said it was super-yummy! The patty was juicy, seasoned perfectly and even though it was grilled to well done, it retained its juiciness. The burger was supposed to be served with a side of french fries but she requested to substitute that with a mixed salad instead. Wise move on her part since the salad gave a refreshing twist to an otherwise hearty burger meal.

If you like your burger more meaty, try the 350g burger which comes with breakfast beef or the 500g burger with breakfast beef and egg. We can’t wait to go back to Las Vacas and try their Lamb Burger since we heard that it is just as good. They also have a nice selection of sandwiches if you are not a burger fan.


250gm Beef Burger (RM22)


After we were done with the main course, we were contemplating dessert. Las Vacas do not offer an extensive dessert menu although the Panna Cotta was quite enticing, but since Luv was already full, I decided to opt for ice-cream. 



Range of Fatbaby Ice Cream flavours

Coconut Ice cream with Desiccated Coconut and Choc Chips (RM9)

I am a coconut fanatic. I love everything coconut – water, fruit, jelly, shake, ice cream… especially ice-cream. Fatbaby ice cream is no Sangkaya (I will blog about this in a different post), but it is absolutely wonderful. It is light but tasty and the desiccated coconut and chocolate chip add texture to the soft and creamy coconut ice-cream. It is a nice “ending” to my meal... makes up for my somewhat disappointing main course.

In terms of service, despite having only one other table occupied, we had to wait 20 minutes for our food to arrive which seems like forever when you're hungry. The waiter seems a bit inexperienced and wasn't able to advise eloquently on food choices and most of the time he appeared aloof and it almost seemed like he pretended to look elsewhere when we called for assistance. 


Our Overall Verdict:

Taste:7/10
Service: 6/10
Ambiance: 7/10
Presentation: 7/10
Value for Money: 8/10

Las Vacas also has outlets in Kelana Jaya (near FAM) and Mont Kiara (opposite Plaza Mont Kiara). Details of the KL outlet is as follows:



Operating Hours

Monday to Sunday

7 days a week: 12pm – 11pm 

No.33, Lot 5, Ground Floor, Wisma

Winbond, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng,

50450, Kuala Lumpur 




For more information on Las Vacas, you may visit their Facebook page or their official website


No comments:

Post a Comment