Tuesday 6 January 2015

Where to SHOP for Maternity Wear

Hi there! I hope it is not too late to wish everyone a Happy New Year! 2014 flew by so fast, I can't believe it's 2015 - the year that I will, insyaAllah, become a mother!

Anyway, in the spirit of new year, I thought I'd share some information on where to shop for fashionable (but comfortable) maternity wear. I have been delaying buying maternity wear for myself because I don't think I'll get much use of them after the pregnancy. I used the belly belt/extender for jeans or pants I could not zip up until my bump started to visibly show and growing bigger rapidly at 20 weeks and suddenly my jeans/pants started to feel really snug even with the extender! That's when I started scouring for Maternity Wear and discovered the boutiques listed below:



1) Mothercare

The easiest solution when you want to look for anything related to pregnancy and early motherhood. However, not all Mothercare stores carry the Maternity line but I know for sure that the one in BSC, KLCC and Midvalley do. I got a few of my work pants (the over the bump type) and jeans from Mothercare BSC whilst they're on sale - 40% off. I must say it was quite a good deal. Alternatively, you can shop online (though the online selection is quite limited) at www.mothercare.com.my


2) Camomile Spring
I have been to their quaint little store located at Bangsar Village II and they also have another outlet in Setia City Mall. They're collections are more extensive as compared to Mothercare and they also carry some nursing and baby products at the store. Their website is also up-to-date with plenty of selections so if you like to shop virtually, head to http://www.springmaternity.com/ 


3) 9 months
9 months offer fashionable and affordable maternity wear. I must say that their collection is quite extensive ranging from sleepwear to workwear to casual wear and most importantly they're not heavy on the wallet too! They have a few stores around KL - Pavilion, The Curve, Empire Subang to name a few or alternatively you can shop online at http://www.9monthsmaternity.com/ 


4) Mothers en Vogue
I personally have not bought anything from MEV but I have been to the store in Pavilion. The website quotes in SGD and I am not sure if they ship to Malaysia. Out of the other 3 options I listed above, by far, MEV offers the most stylish options but the collections can be quite expensive too.
Check them out at http://www.mothersenvogue.com/ 

5) Fabulous Mom, TTDI
I have not personally been to the store but found the website during my online research - http://www.fabulousmom.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=23_112. Apparently they have a few stores scattered around KL and also branches in Johor and Kuantan. 

The one nearest to me is the TTDI store, address and info below:

136A, Jalan Burhanuddin Helmi
Taman Tun Dr. Ismail,
60000 Kuala Lumpur. 
Tel: 03-77296088
Fax:03-77297088
Email: ttdi@fabulousmom.com
Opening hours:10am to 8pm DAILY 


6) Nurita Harith for Modernmom
If you're up for a little bit of splurge, then Nurita Harith for Modernmom is definitely for you. I have a few items from this collection (the Iza Top, the Nadia Pants, the Anna Skirt and the Julika Dress - i love the Ellery Dress but they're a bit short for me) and I must say they're made of the most comfortable and flowy material that requires minimal ironing (an absolute bonus). They're priced between RM239 - RM399. I absolutely think that the collection transcends beyond pregnancy (with minor alternations, of course) so it is definitely value for money. The salesperson at Modernmom Midvalley told me that they are currently working on Aidilfitri collaboration with Nurita Harith. That is something to look forward to though I do hope that I won't be needing maternity clothes anymore during Raya.

Please also note that the Nurita Harith collection is available at major Modernmom outlets only - Midvalley, Sogo, Putrajaya, One Utama and Sunway Pyramid. If these places are bit too far from you, you may buy the collection online from http://modernmum.com.my/v3/index.php?route=product/category&path=59  or from FashionValet but I strongly recommend for you to check the measurements thoroughly before buying because the sizes tend to be different for every design. 


Till Then, Happy Shopping!
Liv

10 comments:

  1. Buy maternity dresses online for pregnant women & enjoy stylish pregnancy with your unique sense of style.maternitywear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Discover the best maternity dresses for your comfort with maternity clothes malaysiathese selected brands from Motherhood.com.my. Putting forward comfort and style, get comfortable even during your pregnancy with this multiple choices of maternity dresses available.

    Visit Now - http://www.motherhood.com.my/maternity-dresses/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Liv for this wonderful article, When buying maternity wear the only thing to keep in mind is the clothing fabric. It should be breathable & Stretchable for letting your body and the bump to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buy Online Maternity Clothes for pregnant Women, Pregnancy and Feeding Wear Online in India. Shop Epik Moms Maternity Dresses, Maternity Kurtis, Nursing Dress for Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi nice and very informative Article. Thank you for sharing. I have also share some usefull information on other plaforms.
    cricket world cup live streeming
    cwc math live streeming free

    ReplyDelete
  6. creativity of writer is purely impressive. It has touched to the level of expertise with his writing. Everything is up to the mark. Written perfectly and I can use such information for my coming assignment. opleiding eigen bedrijf

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post, thank for sharing this information. It's really makes me understand about that topic. BetterBack Review 2020

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks,for sharing such a good information provide us. It’s hard to
    find good quality writing like yours these days. i really enjoyed.Best Ear Wax Cleaner In 2020

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent information on your blog, thank you for taking the time to share with us. Amazing insight you have on this, it's nice to find a website that details so much information about different artists.
    best pregnancy clothes online

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coockatoo is your one stop platform for stylish maternity dresses in india . Our online store carries a wide range of maternity and nursing products, allowing you to set everything through your maternity and postpartum days. . You will find everything you need to get through your pregnancy and remain true to your personal fashion at Coockatoo, from maternity pants and dresses to feeding kurtas and other important maternity.

    ReplyDelete